You’ve kept a part of your property idle for a while now. But then you suddenly have an idea on how to make it productive. What do you do to prepare the land? Whether you’ll use it for residential or agricultural, you need to do one thing first – clear the land.
Land clearing is not an easy job. You’ll need all the time for preparation and cleaning up, and you’ll need the money to invest in the right equipment. If you think you can’t do it on your own, then it’s always best to hire a professional.
Before doing this task, here’s a checklist that you might find useful:
· Since land clearing requires a particular type of equipment, you need to find the suitable one to ensure that you’ll get the job done accurately. Before using the equipment, make sure that you study how the equipment functions. Knowing this will help you handle the equipment well and avoid accidents. If you can’t do it on your own, you could ask someone to operate it for you.
· Get your property surveyed first. This is important because you’ll know what types of trees you have. Some trees have more value than others. If your trees have great value, then you can sell it for income. When you hire a company to clear the land for you without knowing what type of trees you have, you can lose a potential income.
· Talk to authorities about your property. Not all property owners are allowed to do whatever they want. There are properties that actually require paper works and other necessary permits. You don’t want to get in trouble for clearing out your land. So make sure that before you do that, talk to authorities first and find out if you need to secure a permit or not.
· If you’re doing this on your own, make sure that you have a systematic approach. For example, in cutting down trees, you need to have an organized method to do so, in order to avoid clutters all around your property. Making a mess could endanger you and your neighbours.
· Get as much help as you can get. Doing this task alone is not easy. You need to plan everything, operate equipment, and of course clean up afterwards. Having a few set of hands can make it faster and easier.
· Ensure that problems won’t be experienced after clearing the land. Determine what actions should be done to reduce soil destruction.