How can anyone, proceed, in a manner, which best, addresses their personal needs, priorities, goals, perceptions, etc, unless/ until, they prioritize, and learn, to effectively, use the processes, involved, in, meaningful, goal setting? When was the last time, you took the time, and/ or, made a concerted effort, to give yourself, a thorough, realistic, check – up, from the neck – up, so you might, better, understand, what makes you tick, and what you, really, want, out – of – life? Many people claim, they have personal goals, but, far – fewer, really, realistically, go through, the needed and necessary processes, to conduct, a thorough, review, and create your personal goals, and aspirations! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key steps, in personal, goal setting.
1. Check – up, from the neck – up: Giving yourself, a check – up, from the neck – up, must be more than some form, of empty rhetoric, or clever phrase! However, it requires, a genuine commitment to the process, significant discipline, and a true desire, to know, and better understand, what you seek, want, prefer, and prioritize, your goals and aspirations, and personal set of reasons!
2. Personal strengths and weaknesses: Are you ready, willing, and able, to be honest, with yourself, and objectively, identify, both, your personal strengths, as well as weaknesses? This is important, so you might, better take advantage of every strength, while, creating a personal strategy, to handle areas of weakness, and minimizing the impacts, etc! Doesn’t it make sense, this is an essential component, of meaningful, personal goal setting?
3. Your priorities (and why?): Why do you consider, certain things, to be your personal priorities? Are they really, important, to you, personally, or, are you claiming them, because, most other people, do? Remember, as in many other things, there is no such thing, as, one – size – fits – all, when it comes, to personal priorities, and true happiness/ contentment, etc.
4. How important are your goals?: What do you wish, to accomplish/ achieve, as a result of your personal goals, and aspirations? How have you set, these, particular ones, and why? Seek to customize every goal, and do so, with, as much detail, as possible!
5. Are you ready, and willing, to persist, and commit?: There are, often, several obstacles, and, whether, you transform these, to challenges, or perceive them, as problems, often, determines, how, you handle them! If you hope to use your goals, effectively, and meaningfully, you must be, ready, willing, and able, to consistently, persist, and commit, to making yourself, the best, you can be!
Using goal setting, is an important component, in maximizing your personal developing, and using, self – help! Are you, up to the task?