“Because we don’t know what is really important to us, everything seems important. Because everything seems important, we have to do everything. Other people, unfortunately, see you as doing everything, so they expect us to do everything. Doing everything keeps us so busy we don’t have time to think about what is really important to us.” ~ Anonymous
Every felt that way? Ever felt like you have no power or control over your day, your month, your life? Ever felt like you are being pulled in so many directions you don’t even remember who you are or what your dreams are?
Just follow these five tips to empower yourself so that you can challenge your assumptions about the way things are and can be.
1. A important factor when you begin to empower yourself is to figure out what is really important to you. Find the answers to what makes you happy, what makes you feel delighted, what brings you satisfaction. The reason why this is important is because this will help you find your niche, what you love to do, what matters most to you. If you don’t take the time to figure out what is really important to you then you run the risk of saying yes to everything and regretting it later. Regret takes away your power.
2. Another important consideration for empowerment is to plan time for you. It’s critical that you set aside time in your day for you because when you do you begin to learn what matters most to you. What brings you joy, inspiration and happiness? You have a better chance of feeling empowered and accomplishing what is import to you in your life. Make sure that you plan your week and schedule some “me time” in there. You’ll feel more satisfied with your life and the direction it is going.
3. You don’t have to set aside large amounts of time in order to empower yourself. All you need to do is take five or ten minutes to listen to a song that make you feel happy. One that makes you move from your hips, not your head. Or take a 10 minute what outside and enjoy the sunshine and flowers.
4. Instead of complicating your efforts to empower yourself by thinking you are too busy to take even 10 minutes for yourself, try it this way: park your car further away and then enjoy the walk to the build. Try listening to different types of music while driving in the car or at home. Try turning the off the radio and TV all together and enjoy 10 minutes of silence.
5. Have you considered writing in a journal? It’s not as difficult as you might think. What you need to do is find a journal that “speaks to you”, get some colored pens and just write. Let your thoughts flow onto the paper.
So if you really want to empower yourself, follow these tips to discovering what matters most to you. Challenge your assumptions about the way things are and can be.