When experts talk about Internet marketing for newbies they completely forget to tell you about the special error in the system that without any effort is design to help newbies fail in achieving any success with your Internet base business. I know you may think I’m talking about not having your own website or your own product or you maybe you think I’m talking about information overload. Don’t get me wrong all this Internet marketing factors are also important in some level, but I will specially focus on eliminating information overload, because this last factor is one the reasons strategy spotting occurs. Strategy spotting is the number one mistakes made by online marketing newbies, and it happen when new entrepreneurs try to apply any strategy that they just learn without the proper education, preparation, and planning.
This three elements are very important for the success of any campaign strategy you want to put into action. Just ask any real business owner or expert and they will tell you that it doesn’t matter how good is the technique you just learn, because is you don’t know how good marketing really works, if you don’t prepare your campaign properly, and if you don’t have a strategic action plan supporting it, is most likely that it won’t have the response rate you need to meet your Internet selling goals.
So, what’s Internet marketing strategy spotting? And why newbies should care?
You maybe never heard of this before, but technique spotting is very common mistake among online business owners. What you do is, you take a tactic you just learn and without wasting time you put it to action. Then you learn another tactic, which is also put into action fast. On the same day you get an email with another strategy that look like it could work for your website, and it’s also put into quick action. Then you go to a few blogs and learn a few more tactics, which are apply faster than you can click away from them.
At the end, you notice that you response conversions are low or simply don’t exist, and then you start hitting your head to find out why your campaign aren’t performing, knowing that you apply each technique the way the information explained, and last you think that by screaming “scam, scam” you will lower your stress levels, when in fact the mistake is all yours. Because, you apply the strategy and you didn’t know how to set up an Internet marketing program for that strategy, you didn’t set up each element for a successful campaign, and you didn’t have plan that will help you keep focus on achieving your goals.
Internet Marketing Tips For Newbies
OK, is time to fix this system error. So, let’s get right to it…
- First, you need to make sure you have a clear plan for your business, this plan doesn’t need to be a 300 pages book, it need to have the path that you want to take to achieve your goals.
- Second, keep everything you do focus on those goals, and use the business plan as your road map, but be ready to make changes along the way.
- Third, every time you learn a new marketing strategy, file it in a folder just for this type of information, then analyze the technique and see if can be use successfully for your business, and most important if keep you focus on your main goals.
- Fourth, learn as much as you can about setting up an advertising campaign and a marketing program, so go to your local library or book store and do some reading, this will make you understand the basics you need to know about successful campaigns.
Fifth. I have to put the fifth part separate because needs it’s own bullets:
- Right a mini-marketing plan for each campaign you are working on.
- Set up a split testing and tracking system to measure effectiveness.
- Analyze your results data and tune your campaign to improve conversions.
- When finding a successful one, repeat and multiply by testing it on other mediums.
- Never stop testing and tracking.