The word “investment” is thrown around in so many ways. The word is even used where it doesn’t exactly belong. So, why and how should you exactly invest in yourself? I am going to be explaining 3 great reasons why you should start investing in yourself and provide a couple ways to wisely invest in yourself as well as in your future! By the end, hopefully it will be clear how important it is to invest in yourself and to begin this investment today!
3 Great Reasons To Invest In Yourself
1. Confidence Building – Investing in yourself will give you a massive confidence boost. Knowing that you are growing yourself mentally or financially or any other way is an amazing and rewarding feeling. This can lead to being able to achieve personal goals, scout new ways to become better financially or romantically or whatever else, or even just advancing in your current career. This also allows an open door for you to have more respect and love for yourself because you realize the fact that you made a commitment to treat yourself with such things and are going to do so.
2. Higher Earnings – If you want to make the big bucks, you’ll have to invest in yourself. Before someone is willing to invest in you, you must first invest in yourself. If you do this educationally, you will be able to achieve possible growth in almost any industry available. Education is something you should never stop growing, learn as much as you can and watch as you reach potential you didn’t think was possible. Have you ever wanted to be rich?
3. You’re Worth It – The main reason to invest in yourself is because You Are Worth It! I try to get this message planted in the mind of my children because it is a very valuable lesson. You should never settle for being less than your potential can actually reached. Everyday should be a rewarding challenge to grow your potential to new heights. If you have the mindset that you are worth more than you have regardless of the situation, you will see massive growth in everything you do. This reason to invest in yourself is hands down the most important one.
2 Great Ways To Invest In Yourself
1. Educationally – There are all types of different ways you can invest in yourself educationally and it’s very recommended that you do so. Your brain can hold a bunch of information! Never fear education, accept and welcome it! Any seminars or work shops you’ve been invited to or heard about recently that you didn’t think anything of, well start thinking about them! I am not a real estate professional, I don’t even own a house paid in full at this time. However, I have been to countless real estate seminars just because I love being informed! If I ever do decide to grow a real estate career, I’m already prepared.
2. Financially – I understand that this one will be tricky especially if you have little available funds to begin with. However, if you want to grow your income level substantially then investing in yourself financially is an absolute must! You could do this with stocks, real estate, a business, or anything else that will bring you income. If you do this though, you need to look for Return on Investments! I personally don’t do stocks because I don’t see a good enough Return on Investment. Luckily, there’s plenty of other ways to invest in yourself financially with fantastic Return on Investments such as real estate or direct selling.
A Couple Final Tips
1. Make a 5 Year Plan – Have you ever done this during college or high school or maybe even had to tell a potential employer this during an interview? Well, people do this for a reason. Writing things down in general makes it easier to retain the information as well as commit yourself to doing what it is you wrote. So make your five-year plan and put it somewhere in which you will be able to see it daily! When stress overwhelms you, this plan will generally calm you down a little being able to realize you are exactly where you want to be in your steps of achieving your ultimate potential and goals.
2. Get The Ball Rollin’ – I’m a huge planner! I plan everything I do strategically. I plan exactly how I am going to make my coffee in the morning! Yes, it’s that extreme but I enjoy it! Planning is great, however, you must learn to take action! I was one of those people in which would think and plan everything but not get a lot done! I had to Get The Ball Rollin’ and after I was done planning, I had to start executing my plan!
Investing in yourself and in your future are very important if you are wanting to achieve big goals or dreams. Ask anybody who has achieved high success in anything and they will tell you how important it is and how much they’ve had to do it in order to get to where they are currently. Do not be afraid to put some money on the line for a potential reward later on. Just make sure that your money is going to something that will be rewarding and has a high Return on Investment!