A molestation attorney provides legal defense to individuals who are facing legal charges like this. He or she will offer guidance and advice based on the individual facts of your case. In many situations, individuals simply need to prove that they did not commit this type of crime. The consequences of losing this type of case can be devastating. Not only could you face jail time and big fines, but you could be labeled a sexual offender for years to come, or the rest of your life. To fight these charges, contact a lawyer that specializes in this area of the law.
How to Defend
Defending against this type of charge can be very difficult. People are very quick to assume that anyone who has been charged or could be charged is in fact guilty. However, false accusations are not uncommon, unfortunately. Many men and women face charges that are simply not correct. A molestation attorney can help you to fight these types of allegations so that you can take back your life.
The following are some types of defense methods and evidence development methods that could help you fight these charges. Your molestation attorney will help you to fight against these types of charges.
• Work with you to perform an internal investigation to uncover the facts of the incidents.
• Determine through interviewing the parties involved what really happened.
• Discuss the case with the prosecuting attorney to find what evidence is available and what type of charges you are facing.
• Use police records to pinpoint flaws, inconsistencies or other potential red flags.
• Use motions during the trial to ensure your case is fairly heard.
• Work through the prosecutor to form a plea agreement, if it is possible to do so.
• Develop witnesses who can attest to your innocence.
• Work with you to show why this could not have taken place.
In some situations, you may already be facing a guilty verdict. If that is the case, a molestation attorney can help you with an appeal or working to get you out of jail on technicalities.
When to Call for Help
When should you call on this type of lawyer? Do so in any of the following incidents.
• Child pornography charges
• Indecent exposure charges
• Claims of incest
• Lewd and Lascivious conduct charges
• Sodomy convictions or charges
• Claims of statutory rape
• Sexual assault allegations
It does not matter if you are guilty or innocent. If you are facing any of these types of allegations, work with a molestation attorney as soon as possible. He or she will work with you to fight these claims by developing evidence and a strong defense. Select a lawyer or a firm that specializes in this particular type of legal defense. That way, you have the best possible outcome going forward. For many people, this makes a big difference in your ability to move on with your life.