As a musician, TV advertising is a very effective way of promoting your albums, but only as long as you do things in the right manner. Just because your advertisement is on the air does not mean that people will notice it or even be prompted to buy your albums or tickets to your shows. TV advertising is quite expensive and you’ll need to make sure that you get the desired results or else you’ll have a lot of money down the drain.
The following tips will ensure that your television spots are attractive and effective:
1. Understand your target market well so that your TV spot can appeal to them. If you are not able to do this well then they will just ignore your ad. You’ll need to survey your market well in order to understand exactly what motivates them.
2. Have people in your commercial because this is what viewers relate to. This might seem very obvious but the fact is that many people ignore this simple rule with disastrous consequences.
3. Include a powerful call to action. Your television spot should be very clear about what you want your customer to do.
4. Edit the ad to remove all irrelevant information. You’ll need to make sure that every second counts or you won’t get full value for money. Besides, if your advertisement rambles along people will just get bored watching it.
5. Provide contact details so that your target market can actually do what you want them to do. If you make it difficult for them to buy your product then they might just look for another one that is easily available.
You’ll need to get your TV advertising managed by an expert or else you will simply not get the results you want. You’ll also need to make it part of a full advertising campaign including radio, print, internet ads etc. This will ensure that you can take advantage of the strengths that different media have.
Your television advertisements might cost quite a bit of money because you’ll have to pay not just to broadcast them but also to producer them in the first place. Be sure to get them done by a company with a great deal of experience in the field or you will simply not get your money’s worth. An advertising company that has a lot of experience in your field will be able to do a good job promoting your album.