‘Out of abundance he took abundance and still abundance remained.’ The Upanishads.
If you have a bit of an entrepreneur streak, always looking at ways of becoming free in a physical everyday life sense (ie: free to do what you want to do), then here’s the enlightened approach to abundance.
First of all, and without stating the obvious, we need money. Period. It’s just the way the world works. We need money to be able to be free to choose how we spend our days, to help others and to achieve any personal goals. But many people have ‘money guilt’ where they feel deep down that it is wrong to have a lot of money. But this is an aspect of the poverty consciousness that rules the planet. This is now being played out on a grand scale. And it is thus time to make a shift into a new way. We are being called to question our limited beliefs and shed them.
The other extreme is also prevalent, it is greed. Greed by many of the wealthy, and better off in the world, who do not (yet) have a more enlightened stance on their accountability due to their wealth. This type of person has an ‘endarkened’ (as opposed to an enlightened) mindset which is based in selfishness, greed and win-lose. But eventually the failure to add value to others and to society stops the flow of money. How many lottery winners have there been, for example, who have lavished all their winnings on luxury possessions have ended up almost as poor as when before?
So in the middle, as per the middle way of Buddhism, there is an alternative and it is win-win.
Here’s what the ‘Enlightened Abundance’ Mindset’ is all about and how to be it.
1. BE – DO – HAVE is the maxim. Being comes first. This is personal growth, inner mindset, spiritual realization.
2. Abundance comes from making others better off and the primary reason to get is so you have more to give. Givers get.
3. You help others first then you get back ten-fold.
4. You give because this is who you are.
5. You operate above the ‘Line of Choice’: above the line you learn, below the line you blame.
6. Abundance is your natural state.
7. Sharing always create more.
8. Abundance means more than enough for everyone on this planet and for a healthy economy.
9. Abundance IS.
10. In order to be and have abundance you must open the door marked Freedom, not Security. If you choose the door marked Security, you lose both.
11. Money should work for you, not you for money.
In order to make the above a reality you need firstly to make a decision to choose enlightened abundance.
Then you must take action towards clearly defined goals.
Change is a door that can only be opened from the inside…